X11R4 for i386 Unix

News Administrator news at brian386.uucp
Thu Jun 28 22:56:00 AEST 1990

cpcahil at virtech.uucp (Conor P. Cahill) writes:

>In article <1990Jun23.015312.9456 at virtech.uucp>, I wrote:
>> As far as I know, none of the 386 unix offerings can be configured to use
>> a serial port as the console.  This would be a very good feature, especially

>Obviously I don't know it all.  Reportedly both SCO Xenix and SCO Unix
>have this capability.  I just wish I had it on my system (how about it
>Interactive?  When can we expect such a feature?).

How about this idea??
/etc/rc.d/errlogger
	(stty 1200; cat "/dev/osm" > /dev/tty01) < /dev/tty01 &

This seems to work pretty well and will run as long as your system does.  Plus
you get a copy of all the start up messages (free mem, etc, what a DEAL ;-).
Of course you need to have Operating System Messages configured in your
kernel for this to work.

	brian