Which SCSI disk and tape drives for Xenix/UNIX

sys0001 at dircon.uucp sys0001 at dircon.uucp
Tue Jun 5 21:33:59 AEST 1990

We're looking at SCSI drives (to run with the Adaptec 1542B SCSI controller
under SCO Xenix 386 GT). We heard that the quality of the Wren series has
suffered since it has been made by Seagate. Is there any truth in this?

The alternatives we are looking at, are: Micropolis 1684 which is a half-height
drive with 345 Mbytes after formating, and one of the Maxtor 300Mbyte drives.

Comments about these, or other (better!) drives would be appreciated.

Also, what is the best 150Mbyte SCSI tape drive for the above configuration.
We are looking for one which will use the standard SCSI drivers built into
Xenix GT (and SCO UNIX). We have been offered a Cipher CP150. Does this
work well?

Replies by mail, please, and I'll summarize.
sys0001 at dircon.UUCP   or   sys0001%dircon at ukc.ac.uk