Name that disk!!!

Marc Siegel smarc at wb3ffv.ampr.org
Sat Jun 16 01:37:41 AEST 1990

In article <1990Jun11.010304.19696 at cbnews.att.com>, gwe at cbnews.att.com (George W. Erhart) writes:
> HELP HELP HELP
>
> I have 2 ESDI CDC disk drives Part #94166-182. From the ads in Computer Shopper,
> it appears that this is a 182 MB drive, unformatted. However, I have no
> data sheets for this drive. The folks selling the things (Computer Shopper)
> did not want to answer any questions without selling something ... so
>
> 	Can someone tell me the Cylinders, Sectors, Landing Zone, PreComp, etc
> 	for this drive so I can format the darn things?
>
> --
> George Erhart
> AT&T Bell Laboratories
> att!archie!gwe

What you have is a Wren-3 ESDI drive. specs are:
155 Mb
969 cylinders x 9 heads
start reduced write current is not used (enter 970)
start write precomp is 128
transfer rate is 10 megabits/second
access time is 16.5 milliseconds

hope thats helpful!
       _                                 |   Marc Siegel
      ' )--,--,                          |   Randallstown, Maryland
       /  /  / __.  __  _                |   {uunet}!wb3ffv!mas!smarc
      /  /  (_(_/|_/ (_(_'               |   smarc at mas.wb3ffv.AMPR.ORG