SysV3.2 doesn't know Postscipt. So what.

Mark Warren mwarren at mips2.cr.bull.com
Fri Jun 8 04:50:29 AEST 1990

In article <75Oq02tRadot01 at amdahl.uts.amdahl.com> dacseg at uts.amdahl.com (Scott E. Garfinkle) writes:

>Since AT&T doesn't even support DWB anymore, I can hardly fault them.  If

AT&T sells source licenses for DWB, which includes the newer version of troff,
know as "ditroff" (Device Independent Troff).  Many Unix vendors support this
package, and offer drivers for a couple of brands of printers.  The Elan
and Adobe packages provide font files and output filters for Postscript, but
I am fairly sure that they require that you already have DWB installed on your
system, because they rely on ditroff already being there.

For PC's, both SCO and Interactive, I think, offer DWB as an option, and
there are fonts and filters available to drive HP Laserjets, among others.

In particular, I am very pleased with the results we are getting with a
product called Jetroff from PC Research in New Jersey ((201) 389-8963).
NOTE:  I have *NO* connection with PC Research.  This is a free unsolicited
plug from a satisfied customer.

--

 == Mark Warren                      Bull HN Information Systems Inc. ==
 == (508) 671-3171 (FAX 671-3020)    300 Concord Road     MS820A      ==