4 MFM Hard Drives in a UNIX V?/386 BOX ?

eugene.yurek ejy at cbnewsi.att.com
Fri Jun 1 03:07:36 AEST 1990

Hi,

Has anyone SUCCESSFULLY put 3 or 4 MFM hard drives in a pc running AT&T UNIX
V/386 R3.2.2 ?

This requires using 2 MFM hard disk controllers with the second one set
for the alternate hard disk controller address (Western Digital AT controllers
support this with a single jumper).

Western Digital says this WILL work, but I'd like to get comments from any
individual who has tried this, before I spend the money to buy the second
hard disk controller.

Thanks.

Eugene J. Yurek				Internet: ejy at honasa.att.com
AT&T Bell Laboratories			    UUCP: ...!att!honasa!ejy
Holmdel, NJ				   Voice: (201) 949-3753