Did you know SCO ODT is SINGLE USER ONLY??

Peter da Silva peter at ficc.ferranti.com
Fri Jun 29 01:51:15 AEST 1990

In article <LARRY.90Jun28085702 at focsys.uucp> larry at focsys.uucp (Larry Williamson) writes:
> In article <ZE84FVC at xds13.ferranti.com> Peter da Silva writes:
>  > I prefer Merge to VPix, simply because it's easier to install.

> A package is installed once and used thousands of times.

Ah, but who is it installed by? If you have one system in house that you're
responsible for, and use on a daily basis that's one thing. If you have
systems all over the world that have to be maintained by customers that's
a whole different ball game.

> I'd rather a
> package that was difficult to install and simple to use over one that
> that was simple to install and difficult to use.

I have not noticed any significant difference between the functionality
and convenience of the current Merge and VP/ix products. The Merge product
maybe has an edge on ease of use if you want something that will be stuck
in shell scripts, because so much is settable by command-line switches. For
power DOS users, I have no idea.
--
Peter da Silva.   `-_-'
+1 713 274 5180.