Xenix vs. UNIX

Wm E. Davidsen Jr davidsen at sixhub.UUCP
Sat Jun 30 03:33:13 AEST 1990

In article <3304 at crash.cts.com> jca at pnet01.cts.com (John C. Archambeau) writes:

| >  My own feeling is that many users want NFS, TCP, and X, along with a
| >solid UNIX, and almost any reasonable window manager. They also want it
| >at low cost (<$1k). I believe that there will be a version of V.4 out
| >which meets these objectives in the *very* near future.
|
| ESIX meets the price a helluva lot better than SCO.

  Okay, tell me what to order, since Everex can't. 2 user ESIX + NFS
from ISC comes to more than ODT, either list or street price. Something
like 20% as I recall.
--
bill davidsen - davidsen at sixhub.uucp (uunet!crdgw1!sixhub!davidsen)
    sysop *IX BBS and Public Access UNIX