Interactive UNIX 2.2 (really V.3 and V.4)

Gary Heston gary at sci34hub.UUCP
Thu Jun 7 02:16:23 AEST 1990

In article <+CX3CVG at xds13.ferranti.com>, peter at ficc.ferranti.com (Peter da Silva) writes:
> In article <1067 at sixhub.UUCP> davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen) writes:
> >   I want symbolic links, so I can put /usr/lib/news and /usr/spool/news
> > in one filesystem by itself.

> It's dead-easy to do this anyway. I have /work1/news/lib and
> /work1/news/spool. Both B and C news let you put your lib and spool
> directories *anywhere*.

It's also possible to create a filesystem named news, containing a lib
and spool directory, and mount it under /usr. While /usr/news/spool and
/usr/news/lib aren't exactly conventional pathnames, it keeps news
files together and linkable, while allowing as much spooldir as you
care to allocate.

--
    Gary Heston     { uunet!sci34hub!gary  }    System Mismanager
   SCI Technology, Inc.  OEM Products Department  (i.e., computers)