Info on SCSI requested

Sean McCollister sean at pattye.lonestar.org
Fri Jun 8 03:00:38 AEST 1990

I'd like to learn a bit about SCSI controllers and devices under 386 Unix.
I apologize if these questions have been asked and answered before, but I'm
new to this group, so please be gentle. :-)

Specifically:

	1)  Do the various vendors of 386 Unices include support for the
	    Future Domain SCSI Host Adaptors in their products?  If not,
	    are drivers available from Future Domain or other sources?
	    I've checked with several vendors about this, and have been
	    told that Future Domain includes drivers for Xenix and Novell,
	    but I can't find any specific information about Unix.

	2)  What is available in the way of QIC-60 SCSI tape units?
	    I seem to be able to find out lots and lots about non-SCSI
	    tape, but very little about SCSI tape drives.

Thanks in advance for any help.  Please reply by mail; if there's interest,
I'll post a summary of the replies I receive.

Sean					   INTERNET:  sean at pattye.lonestar.org
McCollister				       UUCP:  .....texbell!pattye!sean