problems using archive bit under VP/ix

HIM tron1 at tronsbox.xei.com
Wed Jun 27 12:00:41 AEST 1990

><>
>Item:1505  About: problems using archive bit under VP/ix
>Date: Sat Jun 23 03:42:30 1990
>The archive bit does not stay set.
>I can demonstrate this by setting it with the Norton FA command
>(yes, DOS Norton U. do tun under VP/ix)
>but it (the bit) immediately turns back off.

Where are your file ?

1) A DOS partition with VP/IX access....
   This should work and there must be a bug.

2) A UNIX file system with DOS files on it....
   Hmm... I wonder if this would EVER work .. there is no archive bit
   to SET on a UNIX file system (unless they arent telling me something
   here at the labs).

3) The "Emulated DOS HD" in a file thing...
   It should work there as well.

========[ Xanadu Enterprises Inc. Amiga & Unix Software Development]========
= "The three most dangerous things in the world are a programmer with a    =
= soldering iron, a hardware type with a program patch and a user with     =
= an idea." - computer saying. (from The Wizardry Compiled by Rick Cook)   =
============= Ken Jamieson: uunet!tronsbox.xei.com!tron1  ==================
= NONE of the opinions represented here are endorsed by either             =
= Xanadu Enterpises or its clients, AT&T Bell Labs or others.              =
==== The Romantic Encounters BBS 201-759-8450(2400) / 201-759-8568(PEP) ====