FAS on SCO ODT ???

John Pettitt jpp at specialix.co.uk
Fri Jun 15 22:26:03 AEST 1990

vlr at dynsim2.uucp (Vic Rice) writes:

>Has anybody had any success implementing the FAS async driver under
>SCO ODT (UNIX 5.3.2).

>I would really like to get this working, especially since SCO's
>uugetty is broken. This forces me to muck around with enable/disable
>since I have only one serial port for both incoming and outgoing
>traffic.

>I have an ALR PowerVEISA w/ 386 and standard 2 port com board
>(Everex Magic I/O).

FAS should work (you wil need to change the Y to N in the sio driver
entry in /etc/conf/sdevice.d to remove the sco driver).

However sco uugetty is not broken,  we have 4 trailblazers on one
of our UNIX 3.2.0 systems working just fine with dialin and out on
the same line.

There are some weird things - then device name in inittab must match
the entry in Devices (i.e no /dev or both have /dev in them) and if
you select B38400 you get B0 which causes a hangup !

--
John Pettitt, Specialix International,
Email: jpp at specialix.com Tel +44 (0) 9323 54254 Fax +44 (0) 9323 52781