Second request for help

Scott E. Garfinkle dacseg at uts.amdahl.com
Thu Mar 8 04:29:44 AEST 1990

>From article <971 at soleil.UUCP>, by gendel at soleil.UUCP (Gary Gendel):
> I find it hard to believe that no one on the net has ever tried ESIX!  I'm
> looking for comparisons to SCO and Interactive in terms of functionality and
> reliability as well as support.  Any ideas why SCO and Interactive is 3X the
> price of ESIX? Any information is better than a second no response.
At a guess, there are number of people who, like me, tire of posting answers
to the exact same questions over and over.  Perhaps someone should make up
a form letter to respond to this particular question.   Personally, I use
all three OS's for different things.  My home system has ESIX.

> Second, does anyone know of a 386 motherboard by the name of Hornet?  The
> machine that I am expecting to purchase has one of these in it!
It'probably somebody's private label of somebody else's board.  Try to find
out who the manafacturer is, and what kind of BIOS it has.

-scott e. garfinkle