X11R3

Jay Snyder jsnyder at lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU
Mon Mar 26 15:04:08 AEST 1990

Reguarding my desire for X-windows for SCO Xenix, they (SCO) have a
prodect called SCO X-Sight.

Unfortunatly, it only supports Hercules (720x350), EGA (640X350), and
standard VGA (640X480) all only leave about a 2in strip on the side of
the screen available after a 80colX24line Xterm is displayed.  I have
1024x768 VGA card, and can't take advantage of the higher resolutions.

reguarding the message from bir7 at portia.Standford.EDU,

>If enough people are willing to work on this, it should be possible to
>come up with a "generic" SYSV/386:vga port of R4.

I know that there would be lots of demand for this (hence the reason
that there are many comercial ports -- even though some of them are
deficient (the lack of hi-res support form XSight)).

The VGA stuff for the IBM port probably will work on most SYSV/386
platforms, the hardest thing will probably be dealing with the kernel
stuff.

I'd be willing to pay some money for an x-windows port, but I'd like
it to at least be able to support the hardware that I paid so much
for.
Jay A. Snyder       jsnyder at lehi3b15.csee.lehigh.edu
CSEE Dept.	          lehi3b15!jsnyder
Lehigh University