adding bad blocks using 386/ix

Keith Ericson keithe at tekgvs.LABS.TEK.COM
Tue Mar 6 10:25:23 AEST 1990

In article <511211 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:

>   I tried adding the errors for the SCSI drive using mkpart -A <abs sector>
>   and I get an error - No root partition...

Bad blocks?  On a _SCSI_ drive?  The SCSI drives I've tried (all were various
CDC/Imprimis) all handle the bad blocks internally and present an error-free
appearance to the "outside world" (i.e., the SCSI bus).

Did I just get lucky, or did Larry get stuck with a less-than-wonderful drive
of some kind?

kEITHe