Token-Ring Under DOS Merge

Dewey Paciaffi eddjp at althea.UUCP
Thu Mar 15 00:54:52 AEST 1990

       I've just installed SCO UNIX 3.2 with the Locus DOS  merge  on  a
       386.  Since  the DOS Merge allows direct connection of devices to
       DOS, I thought it would be clever of me to run my Token-Ring card
       under  DOS.  My IBM Token-Ring card is set up for Interrupt level
       of 2 and uses ram at D8000-DBFFF.

       When I start DOS using the 'dos +a..2.D8000-DBFFF.' command,  and
       I  have  the  token-ring  driver statements in my config.sys, the
       drivers load and start but cannot locate the card.

       This led me to notice that when the token-ring  card  is  in  the
       system,  I get a 'WARNING: serial: interrupt vector collision' in
       the hardware config startup message when I boot up Unix. It lists
       a  serial  device  at an address 2F0-2F7 at an Interrupt Level of
       14. When I remove the T-R card,  the  vector  collision  and  the
       serial  device with a vector 14 disappear from the config. I have
       changed the Interrupt level of the T-R card to 7, and the  vector
       problem  and serial device at level 14 persist. The T-R card work
       fine under normal DOS usage.

       Does anyone know why Unix thinks my Token-Ring card is  a  serial
       device   at  interrupt level 14, and more importantly, how to get
       it to work under the Locus DOS Merge product?

       Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
--
Dewey Paciaffi
eddjp at althea.UUCP