Vertical mounting of SCSI drives?

Darryl Okahata darrylo at hpnmdla.HP.COM
Fri Mar 2 14:15:13 AEST 1990

     I just ordered an Imprimis 94241-383 (half-height 300 MB SCSI)
drive, and it just occurred to me that I do not know if this drive can
be used in a vertical (on it's side) position (this is the way it is
going to be mounted).

     Does anyone know if this drive can be used in a vertical position?
I know that ST-506-type drives can be mounted vertically, but that a
low-level format is normally recommended for these cases.  As many
high-capacity SCSI drives are hard-sectored, doing a low-level format on
these drives is a bit pointless (I assume that the 94241-383 is
hard-sectored).  Can anyone help me?

     Thanks,
     -- Darryl Okahata
	darrylo%hpnmd at hpcea.HP.COM