Terminfo entry for an Epson FX-85 printer?

Jim McKim mckim at falcon.lerc.nasa.gov
Tue Mar 13 00:46:45 AEST 1990

In article <352 at comcon.UUCP> tim at comcon.UUCP (Tim Brown) writes:
>How does one go about configuring the spooler to use terminfo's?  I
>haven't had much luck, I would appreciate any direction here.  Thanks.

Sorry about putting the reply here - sendmail is broken.
It's been a while since I did this but I think these were
the pertinent commands:

Choose a name for your printer - I used "mehitabel".

lpadmin -p mehitabel -v /dev/lp		# where your printer is attached
					# verify a good connection (i.e.
					# echo test >/dev/lp) first
lpadmin -p mehitabel -m standard	# the interface program to use -
					# this is a humongous shell script
					# at /usr/spool/lp/mode/standard
					# it seems to work pretty well
lpadmin -p mehitabel -T p341sl		# the terminfo name you used
					# when making a terminfo entry
					# for your printer
lpadmin -d mehitabel			# make this the default printer

lpadmin -p mehitabel -S 'cs0=draft cs1=elite cs2=courier'	# optional
					# use to set character set names
					# to something mnemonic
lpadmin -p mehitabel -o nobanner	# supress banners, save paper - opt.
lpadmin -p mehitabel -D 'located at ...'	# description - optional

enable mehitabel
accept mehitabel
lpshut
lpsched				# restart daemon with new printer

- Jim