lockup porblems w/ archive FastTape and WD1006VSR2

Dante_A_Nicolello at cup.portal.com Dante_A_Nicolello at cup.portal.com
Mon Mar 5 14:49:35 AEST 1990

I have a system running ISC 2.02 with a WD1006VSR2 RLL HD controller
and I just added an Archive FastTape. When I do a backup the drive and
the tape lock with both the HD and Tape data transfer LEDs frozen
on. The VT still work, but no disk I/O. I have to reset the computer.
I tried adjusting the jumpers to slow down the I/O bus speed, but
even at its slowest setting, the problem sometimes happens.
I have a 25 mhz 64 cache tiawan mother board with an AMI bios which
has worked great with everything. I need some help in nawworing down
the problem. I assume it is either with the Tape drive or the
HD controller. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

					Dante

dante at super68.UUCP or rutgers!cmcl2!dasys1!super68!dante