Discussion: comp.unix.sco (was: top 10 needed new comp newsgroups)

Eric Schnoebelen eric at egsner.cirr.com
Fri Mar 23 11:03:06 AEST 1990

In article <208 at pcssc.UUCP> dma at pcssc.UUCP (Dave Armbrust) writes:
- There is also a need for a new group called comp.unix.sco.

        I see no need for such a group.  The other 386 Unix vendors do
not have individual groups, but nearly all of them read, and respond, in
comp.unix.i386.

        comp.unix.i386 covers all the 386/based Unixen, from AT&T,
Intel, Interactive, SCO, Everex, and Microport which are all based upon
the same base port from Intel/AT&T/Interactive.

- This would be a group for Xenix and Unix products from Santa Cruz
- Operations.  This should be a separate group from what is
- currently comp.unix.xenix.  There is more then one xenix
- operating system and SCO is moving away from xenix to
- a unix product.

        And they are moving towards the standard Unix/386 porting base,
and should therefor be covered in the i386 group.  SCO does read, and
respond to articles posted to the i386 group, as well as in the xenix
group.

Eric Schnoebelen	eric at egsner.cirr.com		schnoebe at convex.com
		"Operator?, I'd like to make a syscall, please."