adding bad blocks using 386/ix

Darryl Richman darryl at ism780c.isc.com
Sat Mar 10 11:38:41 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar6.141232.668 at virtech.uucp> cpcahil at virtech.UUCP (Conor P. Cahill) writes:
"In article <39560 at ism780c.isc.com> darryl at ism780c.UUCP (Darryl Richman) writes:
">This is a better approach than automatically remapping because that
">prevents the user from attempting to reread the bad sector and possibly
">retrieving the data.
"
"PLEASE do not add automatic remapping of bad blocks to 386/ix.  Once upon a

Clearly, I didn't make myself understood.  I merely mentioned this possibility
in passing;  we have no intention of doing it.  Sorry.

		--Darryl Richman
--
Copyright (c) 1990 Darryl Richman    The views expressed are the author's alone
darryl at ism780c.isc.com 		      INTERACTIVE Systems Corp.-A Kodak Company