Need information on VP/IX or DosMerge ability to access odd hardware

Kevin W. Rudd kevinr at sequent.UUCP
Tue Mar 27 08:29:54 AEST 1990

	I am seriously considering scrapping the dual machine set-up I have and
getting a single 386 to run both my unix and DOS applications.  The one
application that is a must for me to be able to run under some sort of DOS
emulation is my watson voice mail card/software.  What I would like to know is
if the DOS emulation programs out there will allow a DOS program access to odd
hardware.  The watson uses standard com I/O port addresses and interrupts
(either configured as com1 or com2).  Has anyone had any experience with either
running strange boards under a DOS emulator, or specifically with voice mail
boards under unix?

TIA

--
Kevin W. Rudd