Followup to "Looking for VGA graphics routines for 386/ix"

Larry Williamson larry at focsys.uucp
Thu Mar 15 07:16:53 AEST 1990

On March 5th I posted...

   We know how to put a VGA into graphics mode with little effort. What
   we would like to avoid is writing all those nice little graphics
   routines that do things like:

I received many replies by mail. I would like to thank all those who
took the time to answer my enquiry.

Many replies suggested I use X windows. This is what I'd like to do,
but for a number of reasons, some technical, some political, I cannot
use X.

A couple of replies suggested I look into a graphics package from JDyx
Enterprises. This I did. JDyx has some demo software available via
anon uucp. This looks like a very nice package. Screen update time is
very fast. Functionality looks very good. Source code is available for
only $199.00. If you want to know more about them, send mail to

    JDyx Enterprises
    attn: Tom Friedel
    907 Tuxworth Circle
    Decatur, GA 30033
    (404) 320-7624
    ...gatech!emory!jdyx!tpf tpf at jdyx.UUCP

Again, Thanks to all who offered their insight in this matter.

-Larry