X11

Brando W. Brown brando at uiucme2.me.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 24 06:01:44 AEST 1990

In article <834 at lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU> jsnyder at lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU (Jay Snyder) writes:
>Has anyone ported it to any i386 platform??

I've put alot of work into TRYING to get it to my ISC2.0.2 Unix box, but have
been unable to do it so far. I made it as far as loading the Core distribution,
making the 386.macros file and getting imake to make the notesfile. Then after
that I was somewhat successful in having mkdepend add the dependancies to the
makefiles just created. I must ,however, not run the /bin/sh mkdepend script
correctly because I get all kinds of errors in the compilation stage of the
servers.

If you are successful in finding someone who has ported the generic X11R3 to
a 386 box, I would like to see the steps written in this group.... or maybe
their macros file.

Brando

|   Brandon Brown                    Internet:   brando at uiucme.me.uiuc.edu   |
|   Addamax Corporation              UUCP:       uunet!uiucuxc!addamax!brown |
|   2009 Fox Drive                   GEnie:      xmg23356 macbrando          |
|   Champaign, IL  61820             CompuServe: 73040,447                   |