Getty Problem

Jay Snyder jsnyder at lehi3b15.csee.Lehigh.EDU
Thu Mar 22 03:45:59 AEST 1990

My system is connect to an IBX network that has data boxes that look like
a modem to my system.  The dialing is done through an interectrive dialog,
the network gives you a prompt that asks you what you want to do
(set baud rate, dial out, etc.) , interactively, this is neat, but makes
dialing scripts a real drag.  I managed to make a successful dialing script
but, I can't seem to make getty work right.
I'm trying to use one as a dial-in/dial-out lines, but
when getty comes up, it raises DTR causing the network to send it's system
prompt.  This causes a long drawn out conversation between login prompts
and dialer prompts.

When one of these boxes 'recieves' a call it toggles the ring detect line
much as a regular modem does.  I have an MSDOS program that watches for
this and then raises DTR.  What I need is a device driver and a getty
to do the same.

Another idea the might work would be a getty that ignores and (doesn't
reprompt) uppercase letters, as the dialer prompts are all upper case.
If the dialer gets no response after 30 seconds it times out and is ready
to receive a call.

Source code for any getty the compiles a runs under SCO Xenix would be
appreciated, then I could modify it to do what I need.

Thank you,
Jay Snyder
Jay A. Snyder       jsnyder at lehi3b15.csee.lehigh.edu
CSEE Dept.	          lehi3b15!jsnyder