GNU & akcl under I386

Gerry Gleason gerry at zds-ux.UUCP
Wed Mar 7 03:53:19 AEST 1990

In article <351 at venice.SEDD.TRW.COM> verket at venice.sedd.trw.com (Paul Verket) writes:
>How well/easily does GNU software compile under ISC 386? Has anyone had the
>oppertunity/interest in compiling kcl or akcl ([Austin] Kyoto Common Lisp)
>under ISC 386?

I've compiled gcc, bison, and emacs and didn't have too many problems.  A
couple of small source changes, and one file needs to be compiled without
optimization (I'm not sure if this applies to using gcc as well as cc that
comes with ISC).  BTW, I didn't record the name of that file, could somebody
in the know email or post this piece of info.  (before recompiling that
file, emacs dumps core randomly).

>Last question (really!), how feasable would it be to get just a runtime ISC
>assuming one could get a precompiled gcc? Would I have all the required
>header files?

All the header files come with the link kit, as does ld, as, and cc only
they have different names.  The compiler pieces are the same as the dev.
system, but I've never tried to use them to compile.

Gerry Gleason