Disk shadowing or striping under 386/ix

Paul Gillingwater paul at actrix.co.nz
Wed Mar 7 08:19:01 AEST 1990

Hi there, I'm keen to find out about any controllers and software that
exist for disk mirroring and/or striping under ISC 386/ix.  I would
prefer a SCSI controller, but ESDI would do.  It's for a medical
application, and required very high fault tolerance.  Also, what tools
exist for monitoring and recovering from faults under a mirroring
scheme?

Incidentally, I'm also trying (somewhat belatedly) to install 386/ix
on an HP Vectra 25/C.  It keeps failing soon after the media surface
analysis, with excessive bad sectors, and refuses to install.  I have
tried using different interleaves, including 2 as recommended in the
manual.  The controller is an ESDI (HP part number), and is on a 300Mb
drive.

Any assistance on the above would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Paul Gillingwater
HP New Zealand

Paul Gillingwater, paul at actrix.co.nz