Grey scale VGA+ monitors

Larry Campbell campbell at redsox.bsw.com
Mon Mar 19 03:19:10 AEST 1990

A while back I posted a request for recommendations on grey-scale monitors for
Super-VGA-type boards (at least 800x600) for a 386 running X11.  I got replies
from:

    Andrew P. Mullhaupt (amull at Morgan.COM)
    Michael Borza (maccs.dcss.mcmaster.ca!antel!mike)
    Steve Ward (upvax.uucp!stevewa)
    Doug McCallum (dougm at ico.isc.com)
    Jon Ryshpan (hitachi!jon)
    Ken Seefried iii (gatech.edu!cushing!ken)
    Karl Denninger (ddsw1!mcs!karl)

Recommendations included:

	NEC GS2A (three recommendations)
	Princeton PSM-03
	Sony Multiscan model ?? (nice but BIG)
	Tektronix something or other (goes to 2048x1536 (?), apparently a
		*gorgeous* monitor, but costs $3500!!)

I have yet to find any of these on dealer shelves, however, and I'm reluctant
to shell out bux for one sight unseen, so I still have no direct experience
to relate.  One local dealer is trying to get some of these in, so if they
ever show up, I'll check them out and post my opinion.

Thanks for all the replies!
--
Larry Campbell                          The Boston Software Works, Inc.
campbell at redsox.bsw.com                 120 Fulton Street