color for 386/ix

Conor P. Cahill cpcahil at virtech.uucp
Mon Mar 5 22:54:03 AEST 1990

In article <511241 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>I received a "setcolor" utility for 386 unix and it works until
>I bring up vi - in which case the console is reset to white on
>black.

This can be fixed by modifying the terminfo definition for AT386 (or whatever
you are using for your terminal type).  I believe the parameter is something
like initc for "initialize color", but I'm not positive. You should
add in the sequence to set the appropriate color for initc.  You might
want to have several AT386-xx entries for each color path and set up your
setcolor utility as a shell function which will change your TERM environment
variable to match the color settings.  Review the terminfo(4) man page
for more information.

                                                Sterling, VA 22170