computone

Chip Salzenberg chip at tct.uucp
Thu Mar 22 04:14:39 AEST 1990

According to larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder):
>More information here ...  I removed the 4.40 drivers for the intelliport
>and re-installed the 4.31 drivers - and now my bi-directional communications
>with hardware handshaking is working just dandy - except no VP/ix access to
>the serial ports (real Unix users don't use DOS/VPix :)) at high baud
>rates (> 9600).

I'd just like to add a personal testimonial to Larry's story.

After supporting forty Xenix/386 installations with Computone
IntelliPort [sic] boards, and having more than half -- that's right,
HALF -- of them come back as failures, let me say this:

              Computone's so-called "programmers"
            have Q-Tips Cotton Swabs[tm] for brains.

Their drivers have never failed to be entertaining just when I needed
boring success.  Computone may clean up their act someday.  I don't
care.  I'll never buy a Computone product again.
--
Chip Salzenberg at ComDev/TCT   <chip%tct at ateng.com>, <uunet!ateng!tct!chip>
          "The Usenet, in a very real sense, does not exist."