ISC man page

Bradley W. Fisher brad at bradf.UUCP
Mon Mar 26 07:56:30 AEST 1990

In article <X2=$5G#@b-tech.uucp>, zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:
> >>Does any one know why there are no man pages for all ISC 2.0.2 packages
> >How much disk space do you say you have?
> Certainly enough to hold man pages.  ~4-6MB should do it.  I believe it's
> a licensing issue with AT&T (ie, more like "how much are you willing to
> pay for them").

What are we talking about here ... hard copy or on-line man pages?
>From what I understand ISC makes you pay extra for the hard copy ...
do they even have on-line man pages? Admittedly there are *some* of
the hardcopy pages that come with the RTS, but they never seem to apply
to what I need at any paticular moment. Then there is the Help facility
which includes all of maybe 30 commands(I realize that module is of AT&T
origin ... but it is worthless IMHO)?

Now I recall one statment in this thread that suggested that ISC left
these goodies out because of cost. And there has been alot of SCO bashing
lately because their products cost more. I would just like to point out
that SCO provides a *very* complete set of man pages (hard copy), and
good on-line help (most commands on the system) with the 2.3.x version
RTS XENIX. On-line man pages cost a mere $125 (I think ... don't have a
price list on hand) and include *all* the programmers pages as well.

I am curious how ESIX handles this ... I don't know anyone running it
yet.

--
I'm just a wanna be UNIX guru (IJWBUG)               | Micro Maintenance, Inc.
						     | 2465 W. 12th St. #6
	-== Brad Fisher ==- 		             | Tempe, Arizona  85281
...!asuvax!mcdphx!hrc!microm!bradf!brad		     | 602/894-5526