Permissions

Larry Taborek larry at macom1.UUCP
Tue Mar 27 23:28:01 AEST 1990

>From article <511350 at nstar.UUCP>, by larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder):
> my machine is having problems accepting file requests from unknown
> machines.   My permissions file contains:
>
> MACHINE=OTHER \
> COMMANDS=/usr/bin/rnews:/usr/bin/rmail \
> SENDFILES=yes REQUEST=yes \
> READ=/usr/spool:/usr/public WRITE=/usr/spool
>
> shouldn't this work?

Perhaps,

Your program /usr/lib/uucp/uucico probably is owned by uucp and
has the suid bit turned on.  So once a uucico connection is
extablished, your local uucico is running under the permissions
of uucp.  If uucp doesn't have permissions in unix to read the
file in question then uucico wont be able to copy it.

Just a thought...

Larry
--
Larry Taborek	..!uunet!grebyn!macom1!larry	Centel Federal Systems
		larry at macom1.UUCP		11400 Commerce Park Drive