rn on 386/ix.

Mike Hoffmann mike at alt.sub.org
Thu Mar 15 21:14:30 AEST 1990

In article <3975 at uceng.UC.EDU> dmocsny at uceng.UC.EDU (daniel mocsny) writes:
>"intrp.c" line 538, CBREAK undefined.
>
>Grep'ing the sources shows CBREAK on line 104 of a file term.h. This is
>in a macro definition for what is ordinarily the perfectly fine curses
>library function crmode(). But nowhere in the rn sources do I see a line
>like #include <curses.h>, so I guess Larry Wall is "rolling his own."
>But the Makefile does have the -lcurses.h option in there. Suddenly things
>are looking pretty strange.
>dmocsny at uceng.uc.edu

I stumbled into that one too!}i

Then I wondered why the system used CBREAK at all, as it's doesn't
occur in Sys V termio.h.
So I started from scratch and watched the Configure script closely and
LO! it didn't use termio at all, but sgtty instead.
I looked into the the script and found a weird expression checking
for existence of /usr/include/termio.h and then some other stuff.
(I remember "sun" was in that line, it's all archived and tugged away,
and I haven't got the time to unpack it now)

I discarded everything after the check for termio.h that followed in that
line, ran it all again and presto! Configure found termio.h OK and
then it all wen't smoothly.

Hope this helps!

Mike

--
! Mike Hoffmann      ! It's difficult      ! UUCP:                          !
! Fasangartenstr.102 ! to soar with Eagles ! ...!unido!altger!mike          !