Newbury drives and 154x host adapters

km at cs.pitt.edu km at cs.pitt.edu
Thu Mar 8 04:33:58 AEST 1990

I would be interested in hearing from anyone with experience using
Newbury drives with the 154x series host adapters. I currently am
using a Newbury 4380S (with 3380S rom) in a MacII. There are no
problems under MacOS, but with the A/UX driver the drive exhibits
timeouts after SCSI bus resets. I intend on moving the drive to a
386 machine with a 1542 host adapter, but I would like to know what
I am getting into beforehand. Also, I need to know if enough technical
information is included with the 154x adapters to write a driver,
if it is necessary to tweak things for the Newbury. I have heard
rumors of other people having trouble with the Newbury drives.

 -Ken Mitchum MD   KY3B
 km at cs.pitt.edu