Lockd on ISC Unix.

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Sat Mar 10 04:05:52 AEST 1990

In article <753 at ncs.dnd.ca> jstewart at ncs.dnd.ca (John Stewart) writes:
>One of our user groups might be using PC-NFS rather than Novell for
>distributing an application over a wide area.
>
>I would like to specify ISC 386/ix as the operating system for their
>server, (as at least one other box will be running this close by),
>but I have heard that NFS file locking is disabled on the current
>release.
>
>Would anyone out there know whether this is true, and if so,
>when it might be fixed?

It is true.  It is supposed to be fixed in the next update, sometime in May.
We tried to enable it (the program IS present on the disks) and it blew the
entire machine away.  Badly too -- as in reload from backup time!  It hung
the system, and apparently did some other problems.

>Do other 386 Unixes have this problem?

No idea.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]