Second request for help

Kaleb Keithley kaleb at mars.jpl.nasa.gov
Thu Mar 8 02:51:40 AEST 1990

In article <971 at soleil.UUCP> gendel at soleil.UUCP (Gary Gendel) writes:

>I find it hard to believe that no one on the net has ever tried ESIX!  I'm
>looking for comparisons to SCO and Interactive in terms of functionality and
>reliability as well as support.  Any ideas why SCO and Interactive is 3X the
>price of ESIX? Any information is better than a second no response.

Sure, lots of us have tried ESIX, but I can't afford to try ESIX, SCO, and
ISC.  And since we use Suns (to name one) at work, I didn't think that
comparing ESIX on my 386SX to SunOS on my Sun 4 was what you were looking
for.  Oh, about three years ago I did use SCO Xenix 286 on an 8 mhz AT.  It
was very painful.

In the past I have posted favorable reports about the functionality and
reliability of ESIX.

As to why ESIX is 1/3 the price of the others; my guess is that Everex is
trying to break into the market, and is willing to sacrifice short term
profits for long term market share.  Just my opinion.
kaleb at mars.jpl.nasa.gov            Jet Propeller Labs
Kaleb Keithley

spelling and grammar flames > /dev/null