SCSI hard drive options

Larry Snyder larry at nstar.UUCP
Sat Mar 3 03:07:31 AEST 1990

In article <997 at xroads.UUCP>, chandler at xroads.UUCP (Jim Chandler) writes:

> I am running ESIX on a Dell 310 with 8 Megs RAM.  I wish to upgrade my HD
> from MFM to SCSI.  I considered ESDI but thought the SCSI would be a better
> option for the long run.  I have decided to purchase the Adaptec 1542A
> controller.  One of the sales people at Hard Drives International said that
> they have had numerous returns of the Miniscribe 9380S.  Owner cite
> compatability problems with the interface.  They have had no problems with

I was asking this same question a couple of months ago, and since have
installed the 9380S and 1542A here at nstar running 386/ix.

The 9380S isn't one of the faster SCSI drives around - but it works just
fine - and DTR is running around 1.2 megabytes/sec.

                uucp: larry at nstar -or- ...!iuvax!ndmath!nstar!larry
               4 inbound dialup high speed line public access system