ISC 386ix Latest Version ?

David Mutterer dave at rylos.UUCP
Sat Mar 24 23:36:00 AEST 1990

In article <760 at ncs.dnd.ca>, marwood at ncs.dnd.ca (Gordon Marwood) writes:
>  .
> version, we are now being offered version 2.3.2.  I was under the
> impression that 2.0.2 was the latest.  Have we been given bad
> information, or is there a recent upgrade ?

Well.. the story is, 2.0.2 is the latest and greatest if you apply
all the patches...

2.2 is on the way.. should be just a couple of months...  it's suppose to
have C2 security and other "stuff".

also a new tcp should be out in a month or so... to fix all of the current
problems...

and then, ultimatly,  sometime late this year, will be a completly seperate
product based on System 5 Release 4.  This is not going to outdate 2.2 or
2.0.2 but will be a seperate product all together.

all of this information is my translation of talking to ISC hollis.
and all of this information is from our sales rep.  and you all know
how to tell if a sales rep is lying... his lips move..!!  (just kidding) :-)