UNIX capable 386 AT Motherboard Upgrades

Tom Neff tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET
Sat Mar 17 03:21:47 AEST 1990

I know this does get brought up every few months, but it's been a while,
and I don't see what I want in my archives.

I have a generic 286 AT clone that I'd like to upgrade with a 386
motherboard so I can run 386 UNIX (not Xenix) on it.  I would also like
to add a 300MB hard drive.  The chassis has a 250W power supply so
I am not worried about the upgrade physically, but I want to pick the
right motherboard, controller (if necessary) and drive.

So I am looking for success stories -- motherboards, and BIOSes, and
controllers, and drives, that actually worked.

If you have a success story, send mail and I will summarize to the net.
BITNET and MILNET users might want to try

	TNEFF%BFMNY0 at UUNET.UU.NET

instead of the return addresses above.

--
Stalinism begins at home.  }{  Tom Neff  }{  tneff at bfmny0.UU.NET