Recomendations for 1024x748 non-interlaced VGA card & monitor?

Alan Barrow alan at km4ba.UUCP
Sun Mar 18 18:06:06 AEST 1990

I am looking to do a graphic upgrade from straight VGA (Zenith flatscreen, and
Paradise VGA+) to run X windows under interactive unix, and possible
PC X-site.

>From what I can tell, the Sony 1304 looks pretty good for 1024x768 non
interlaced, but I have not found many people using that mode.

In addition, there are several cards that claim that mode, but I have not
seen any reviews that discuss relative "useability" of the cards in the
higher res modes.

I would be interested in any recomendations or information regarding
monitors & cards, particularly from people doing X windows.

Thanks in advance!
Alan Barrow km4ba
404/425-0820

..!gatech!kd4nc!km4ba!alan