Rcp - Help me get it working.

Adnan Yaqub adnan at sgtech.UUCP
Mon Mar 12 20:15:12 AEST 1990

Can you help me get rcp working?  I have to Xenix boxes and a TCP/IP
network connecting them (v 1.0.1d).  I have gotten rlogin working
(i.e., I can type "system_b" from system_a and find myself logged into
system_b without have to type in a password).  However, I can't use
rcp (or any other remote shell command for that matter).  It always
fails with "Permission denied".

My /etc/hosts.equiv is set up correctly (as far as I can tell).  I
even put in a .rhosts and it still fails.  I have tried to do "rcp
system_a:/tmp/foo /tmp/bar" on system_a (i.e.: bypass network) and it
stills fails.  Any ideas as to what I have missed?

The two systems are called algebra and sgtech.  Here is sgtech's
/etc/hosts.equiv:

localhost
sgtech
sgtech.sgtech.com
algebra
algebra.sgtech.com

Here is my .rhosts on sgtech:

algebra.sgtech.com
algebra

Using these files, when I type "rcp foo sgtech:/tmp/foo" on algebra I
get back "Permission denied".
--
Adnan Yaqub
Star Gate Technologies, 29300 Aurora Rd, Solon, OH, 44139, USA, +1 216 349 1860