extended file names

Dennis S. Breckenridge root at nebulus.UUCP
Wed Mar 28 06:39:05 AEST 1990

In article <_+B$CS+ at b-tech.uucp> zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:
> In article <511363 at nstar.UUCP> larry at nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
> >Is there a way to modify the kernel (386/ix) to increase the length
> >of file names to 18 characters?
>
> Yes, in fact AT&T has done it and called the new kernel Sys V.4 :-).

Are you sure? I had a look at the AT&T software at a trade show and all
I saw was the UFS file system type. I did notice symlinks are there but
not long file names. It may be released in the final product.

Also have a look at your sendmail.cf your header has a typo!