Trident 16 bit VGA w/ 386/ix?

Warren Calhoun root at usaos.UUCP
Fri Mar 16 23:28:42 AEST 1990

In <721 at software.software.org>,ebersman at software.org(Paul Ebersman) writes:
> Has anyone used a  Trident 16 bit VGA card with ISC's 386/ix?
> Trying to get any useful answers out of salesman is more painful
> than pulling teeth.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I use a Hedaka HED-620AX 16 bit SVGA card that
uses Trident's BIOS.  I would assume that it is virtually the same as the
Trident card.  I have experienced no problems whatsoever in using the card
under 386/ix 2.0.2 but admittedly, I have not tried to push it to it's
limits.  It functions under VP/ix as well as it does in native DOS (there
seems to be a slight inconsistancy with the mode values for extended VGA,
but that's no surprise).  The BIOS is C3-129 v1.01.

Hope this means something to you.