pwd: read error in ..

Michael Davidson md at sco.COM
Thu Mar 15 04:24:57 AEST 1990

teb at peyote.cactus.org (Thomas E. Bernhard) writes:

>I'm experiencing trouble with mounted file systems from Interactive I386.
>Using Interactive NFS, I have a Sun 3/80 (SunOS 4.01) file system mounted.
>Anytime I do a pwd on a subdirectory of this mounted volume I get:
>	pwd: read error in ..
It's a bug - they obviously are not using filesystem independent
directory handling routines (ie ones that ultimately use the
getdents() system call to get directory entries) - I expect that
you will discover that find and tar don't work correctly either and
that ls truncates filenames to 14 characters (it probably also
dumps core on *very* long filename). Do shell filename metacharactesr
( * ? etc ) work correctly? They might be broken too...