GATEWAY Warranty (:-(

Michael Davidson md at sco.COM
Sat Mar 17 04:14:42 AEST 1990

uri at arnor.UUCP (Uri Blumenthal) writes:
>	[ ... ]       - but when my serial/parallel card
>	went off one week before the full year, and they
>	politely explained that the only thing they can do
>	for me is to sell a new card - I felt rather upset.
Yes, that sounds a little hard (particularly since a new
serial card probably doesn't cost them much more than $20.

>	The same thing with an upgrade of video (well, that
>	happened a month ago). I asked them if they could
>	upgrade my monitor (Samsung MultiSync, 800x600) to
>	something 1024x768. They said: "The only thing we can
>	do is to sell NEC 3D monitor for $650 to you." Of
>	course I could do whatever I wish with my old one.
Now this seems more resonable - I really don't know of any
company that would be prepared to offer an "upgrade" like
this. What use do they have for a 1 year old (or whatever)
color monitor? Sorry, I think that you were being just a
little bit hopeful here.