Vertical mounting of SCSI drives?

Darryl Okahata darrylo at hpnmdla.HP.COM
Sat Mar 10 17:17:39 AEST 1990

In comp.unix.i386, macy at fmsystm.UUCP (Macy Hallock) writes:

> Well, I just bought a couple of 600 mb Imprimis Wren IV ESDI drives...
> and the factory manual says that they may be horizontally or vertically
> mounted, but should be kept within 10 degrees of level.  It also recommends
> data written in one position be read in the same position.

     Thanks to everyone who responded.  When my Imprimis Wren VI
94241-383 SCSI drive arrived, it came with a data sheet that said, "No
mounting restrictions".  I assume that this means that a vertical
orientation is OK.

     However, it did *not* come with a manual, and the dealer does not
seem to have one (I called them up, and they did not think that they had
any manuals, although they're checking to see if they do).  Does anyone
know where I can get a manual for this drive?

> Imprimis seems to making the finest drives around.  Even the manual is
> decent.  I've bought several, and so far no sweat.

     This is what I've been hearing, and is what made me decide to buy
an Imprimis drive.

     -- Darryl ("Now, if only the rest of the computer would arrive.") Okahata
	darrylo%hpnmd at hpcea.HP.COM