SCO support for Xenix (or lack of).

Jeff Holmes jeff at hobbes.C2S.MN.ORG
Mon Mar 26 06:58:02 AEST 1990

In article <2609352D.C52 at tct.uucp> chip at tct.uucp (Chip Salzenberg) writes:
> According to davidsen at sixhub.UUCP (bill davidsen):
> >  In short, there was only one Xenix vendor, there are many UNIX
> >vendors, who offer price, performance, or stability advantages to some
>
> That's true of the Xenix users I know, and it's true of me too.  Why
> should I buy Unix from SCO?  Xenix is mature and stable.  SCO Unix is
> brand new.  Other than the far-too-much-security of SCO Unix, it
> offers nothing I can't get for less money elsewhere.

	On this note, do any of the other Unix'es offer source
	level debuggers? One of the main reasons SCO Unix is
	attractive to me is Codeview. If I can somehow get
	GDB running it won't be an issue, but I don't know
	the chances of that yet. Some have said, "good luck".

	--
	Jeff

Jeff Holmes	                  DOMAIN: jeff at questar.mn.org
Questar Data Systems                UUCP: amdahl!bungia!questar!jeff
St. Paul, MN 55121		    AT&T: +1 612 688 0089