Vertical mounting of SCSI drives?

John L. Grzesiak jlg at odicon.UUCP
Mon Mar 12 04:08:51 AEST 1990

Imprimis does indeed make a good drive, notwithstanding the
 fact that they are now delivered in boxes marked 'SEAGATE'.

I will keep my eye on the quality and if I see any changes I will
squawk immediately.

While the manual says ' No mounting restrictions ' and while this
suggests that the drive will not malfunction in a vertical position,
placing the drive in this manner will slow the seeks due to directly
opposing gravity on the positioner. Also I can envision a day when
you end up doing long seeks from high to low cylinders and have the
arm hitting the zero stop with more force than usual. This position is
not ideal from the standpoint of performance and reliability.

John Grzesiak @ Omega Dynamics , Meriden Ct
  *** System ate signature - got indigestion - lost bandwidth - Amen ***