Hayes 2400 in ix/386

Willy Paine paine at fungus.enet.dec.com
Sun Mar 11 13:31:04 AEST 1990

Hi
I just add another phone line and I am surprise that Hayes 2400 does not
work right at all, even I have UPDATE X5.   I have tried in both com1
and MegaPort.   Using modem control port causes alot of problem with
getting message "getty respaqning too reapidly".   I tried without modem
control and it quiet down but I get no login prompt at all.  I notice
that system reset Hayes modem every minutes.  I am using gettydefs that
comes with Update X5.

I have been running Telebit on first phone line for over three months
without any problem at all.  Hayes 2400 works fine in Xenix but I could
not get ix/386 2.0.2 upgate x5 to work with Hayes 2400 at all.

Can you please help me as soon as possible?

Willy