ISC X11R3 runs out of resources, but which ones?

Michael Borza mike at antel.uucp
Tue Mar 6 22:42:32 AEST 1990

In article <2963 at auspex.auspex.com> guy at auspex.auspex.com (Guy Harris) writes:

> >>I have checked streams resources with /etc/crash -- I've never run out
> >>of any stream buffers.  Here's the strstat output:
> >
> >Nonetheless, streams is what you're running out of.
>
>Which is consistent with his statement; "streams" and "streams buffers"
>are different beasts.

Astute, as usual, Guy.  Nonetheless:-), I believe my own observations of,
and workaround for, a problem with similar or identical symptoms was
relevant to the issue at hand, even if hasty in my formulation of a reply.

I've not heard back from the original poster, so I don't know whether
this is in fact his problem.  I have, however, heard from ISC that they
do not observe the behaviour I reported.  I've since reproduced the
reported behaviour at my site under both 1.0.6 and 2.0.2, each running
the 1.0.0 release of the VGA X-Server.  The interested party at ISC
should by now have a complete description of my software configuration
and a short procedure to reproduce the problem.  If I hear anything else,
I'll report back here (names removed to protect the innocent).

mike borza.
--
Michael Borza              Antel Optronics Inc.
(416)335-5507              3325B Mainway, Burlington, Ont., Canada  L7M 1A6