VRAM Vga

Brando W. Brown brando at uiucme2.me.uiuc.edu
Wed Mar 21 15:17:15 AEST 1990

>> I have the 800x600 mode, but the colors seem to be all screwed up. I posted
>> some other notes on the x windows discussion group about this same problem.
>> Now that I see another is having similar problems, I believe that it is
>> probably the hardware...
>
>What hardware?  I'm running ISC 2.0.2 X on an Acer model 1120, with a
>Paradise 16-bit video card at 800x600 pixels x16 colors without problem.
>Monitor is a Sony, can't remember what flavor.  It can handle up to 1024x768,
>however.

Rob,

I meant exactly that.... We both have VEGA VGA cards not the Paradise. Even
if you are talking of the Video Seven command and register subset, I'm
sure that it is different than what you speak of or Interactive wouldn't
have two different selections on the Client setup screen (/usr/bin/X11/xconfig)
wouldn't you say?? Also, I mentioned earlier that I do get 16 colors, but
they seem to be different than the standard set. example: All of the GIF
files included with the User contributed 7 diskette set have one of two
messages when I run xgif:

XGIF:   Failure to Allocate Desired Colors.  &&

        UTTERLY FAILED to allocate blah blah blah.....

Brandon...

Does anyone know of a large screen, high-resolution color monitor and graphics
subsystem that is relativly inexpensive??? i.e. <$2000....

|   Brandon Brown                    Internet:   brando at uiucme.me.uiuc.edu   |
|   Addamax Corporation              UUCP:       uunet!uiucuxc!addamax!brown |
|   2009 Fox Drive                   GEnie:      xmg23356 macbrando          |
|   Champaign, IL  61820             CompuServe: 73040,447                   |